On 1st November, 1959 this Institute started functioning with a seating capacity of 80 in the building of Sir Bhavsinhji Polytechnic Institute. Institute switched over to its own new building on 1st November, 1965 which is spread over 14 acres land. At present it expanded up to 27 trades running in three shifts with 1368 sanction seats. In ITI campus hostel building facility is available with the intake capacity of 100 trainees. Recently Institute has been selected to upgrade as a Center of Excellence in Automobile sector. In accordance with the policy of promoting Public-Private-Partnership, Institute Management Committees (IMC) was constituted in ITI in the year of 2005.